Sunday, October 21, 2012

Preparing for a Transcript Review

In preparation for a transcript review for an Early Intervention Credential I am working toward, I spent a lot of time the past couple of weeks reviewing the things I learned while completing my Bachelor of Science Degree in Marriage, Family and Human Development from BYU. As I have stated in my profile, a definite highlight of that period of my life was the privilege to participate in the editing process of the book "Strengthening the Family: An In-Depth Look at the Proclamation on the Family" Edited by David C. Dollahite. I have been looking over the book again and reminding myself of the many truths within the The Family: A Proclamation to the World and how they apply to me in my own family and in my current occupation working mostly with parents and their children with special developmental delays.

My particular assignment in helping with the creation of the above mentioned book was to read early drafts of each chapter and mark them all up with my thoughts and suggestions for the authors (which meant I got to read a lot more information than is currently included in the book). Then the other students and I had the chance to meet most of the authors in person and give them our suggestions and our commendations on the articles. I was also able to help in creating a section of activities meant to enhance application of the principles found in the Proclamation. It was truly a once in a lifetime experience and even back then, I felt inklings of the great magnitude of the importance of the Proclamation and in the work Dr. Dollahite and the other authors were doing to help spread the timeless principles included in that inspired document. Now it is even more obvious why families need the support and guidance called for in that inspired document.

No comments: