Monday, August 6, 2012

Am I "Tending To My Ministry?"

Alma counsels his son Corianton who had made some serious mistakes. He let him know what was the beginning of his leaving the path of righteousness and moving to the pathway of sin. He said it began with "boasting in his own wisdom and strength. (The Book of Mormon:Another Testament of Jesus Christ, Alma 39:2)

Then he said "Yea, she did steal away the hearts of many; but this was no excuse for thee, my son. Thou shouldst have tended to the ministry wherewith thou wast entrusted.(The Book of Mormon:Another Testsment of Jesus Christ, Alma 39:4)"

To apply to me I am thinking of "she" from the above verse as meaning anything that distracts or takes me away from the my ministry. What is my ministry? What things tempt or distract me away from that ministry? What can I do to improve my focus on my own personal ministry?

No comments: