Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Waiting Brings Learning If I let It.

“The Apostle Paul was a wonderful friend who helped me be patient and continually confront challenges,” says Sung Eun. “He always had a positive attitude and willingly waited for what God had for him, rather than hoping for his own timing. “I learned something from his example: the period of waiting is not merely the process that we must go through to get what we want. Rather, it is a process by which we become who our Heavenly Father wants us to be through changes we make.” I was surprised to discover that I had measured my self-worth in worldly ideas of value,” she remembers. “I felt valuable because of my employment and position, which were taken away. I now find my self-worth in the eternal truths that I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father and I have divine potential. These truths can never be taken away.” Ensign July 2012 "When Good Plans Don't Work Out."

I really related to the experience of this woman. When I was first married and waiting for a large family to begin, I realized that I didn't know what I would do with myself if that plan didn't work. My self worth was in being a mother and even after I had one daughter my self worth was still wrapped up in having more. When I had to wait for 7 years I finally learned that my worth was in doing God's will for me. Since learning that lesson I have even been able to accept 5 miscarriages without losing my feeling of confidence and self worth as a daughter of God because I know I am following God's plan.

No comments: