Friday, June 8, 2012

Balanced Teaching

While studying Julie. B. Beck's latest conference talk I was once again impressed by her acknowledgement of the prophets continued emphasis on:faith, family, and relief."(Ensign May 2012)


I began to think of the different ways I need to "increase" in order to become a balanced leader for my children:
"And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man " Luke 2:52)

wisdom:

"O remember, my son, and learn wisdom in thy youth; yea, learn in thy youth to keep the commandments of God." ( Alma 37:35)

Stature (physical):

"Til we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ" Ephesians 4:13)

Favour with God (spiritual):

"And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God"(Luke 1:30)

Favour with man (social):
Samuel 2:26)
See also:
Proverbs 28:23

No comments: